1. Carrots used to be purple.
2. Since the 1960’s scientists have considered nuking hurricanes to stop them. The recent consensus was that all this would do is create a radioactive hurricane.
3. A game of chess can technically be won in two moves.
4. Russia and Japan still haven’t signed the WWII peace treaty.
5. It is possible to have the hiccups your entire life.
6. There are 10 times more bacterial cells in your body than human cells.
7. There’s a club in Russia that celebrates New Year’s Eve every single night.
8. In 1968 a pig ran for President of the USA.
9. There exist pizza and bacon flavored sodas.
10. There was once a magazine called Continuum which denied the existence of AIDS. It was shut down when all of its editors died… of AIDS.